A member of our team will call you back.
Environmental Services, Berkshire
Newbury Commercial Interiors strives to be environmentally aware when undertaking commercial interior refurbishment and office fit out contracts and support Environmental Services that minimise negative impacts on the environment.
We are a member of the West Berkshire Greener Business Network which aims to promote a reduction in West Berkshire’s carbon footprint by raising environmental awareness to businesses across the region. It encourages a commitment to the following ideals:
- Improving energy efficiency
- Improving waste recycling
- Promoting biodiversity
- Promoting local food generation
As part of our environmental commitment and Environmental Policy, Newbury Interiors operates retail and commercial fit out contracts within the Thames Valley and generally within an hour of our base in Newbury, using associated trades and sub-contractors and suppliers from the local area wherever possible. In addition, as part of our Waste Policy, we seek to minimise waste in all our office refurbishment operations. We hold a waste carriers licence and reuse and recycle materials wherever feasible. Furthermore, as part of our Waste Policy, in the office we seek to minimize waste in all our practices.
We consider the environmental sustainability of our suspended ceiling, glass partitions and office decoration supply chain carefully, vetting and monitoring our sub-contractors to ensure their standards and supporting environmentally responsible suppliers in their initiatives. Omega Armstrong, for example, operate a suspended ceiling recycling programme whereby old ceiling tiles are collected and reused within their processes, providing new ceilings within even higher post-consumer recycled content. And by using locally sourced materials and efficient logistics and distribution system, furniture supplier, Elite have reduced the carbon footprint of their product range, becoming a FIRA (Furniture Industry Research Association) approved carbon footprint company.
Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd acknowledges its legal responsibilities under all environmental legislation and codes of practice and is committed so far as is reasonably practicable to protect the environment and thereby the safety, health and welfare of its employees and any other persons whose safety, health and welfare may be affected by its business.
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that its management plan, in relation to environmental issues, is sufficiently communicated to all staff and put into effect by management
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall facilitate the progressive identification and assessment of risks to the environment and thereby its staff and others affected by its actions. As a matter of policy, risks which have an effect on the environment and thereby its staff and other associated by their actions shall be eliminated where practicable. Any control measures deemed necessary shall be implemented so that environmental risks to staff, sub-contractors and visitors are reduced to a minimum
- Sufficient financial, human and other resources, including time shall be made available to ensure the effective implementation of this policy
- Suitable and sufficient training, instruction and information and supervision shall be provided
- Suitable and sufficient consultation on matters affecting the environment and thereby the safety, health and welfare of its employees shall be provided
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd will comply with the statutory requirements as a minimum standard
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall provide effective arrangements to deal with emergencies which may affect the environment and thereby its staff and others associated by its actions
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd will assign responsibilities to management at all levels and to define their roles
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd will remind personnel of their legal responsibilities under all environmental legislation
- Waste minimisation shall take a high priority in all planning and execution of site works
- No connections; or disposals of liquids via drainage systems shall be permitted without prior approval
- All waste removals, including segregation of waste from project sites will be in accordance with current legislation
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd will supply equipment and services that is safe for use
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall supply suitable and sufficient Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) free of charge. Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd recognises that the use of PPE shall be as a last resort.
Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall comply with all current Legislation.
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall remind their staff and others involved in any operation which falls within the above regulations of the legal requirement for them to co-operate with Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd so far as is necessary to enable Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd to comply with their duties
- In order to enable Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd to manage the risk during the handling, transfer and disposal of waste, Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that waste minimisation forms an integral part of their Safety Management System. Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that routine and regular waste minimisation audits are undertaken
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that reasonable steps are taken when dealing with all waste
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall comply with the requirements with regard to Waste Transfer Notes (WTN). Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that a WTN is created for each load of waste that leaves a site being managed by Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd. Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall, where applicable use a “season ticket”, but recognise that this is only to be used:
- where the description of the Waste being transferred is the same
- and the dispatch and receipt parties are the same
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that suitable and sufficient information about the Waste is provided, thus enabling anyone coming into contact with the waste to handle it safely and ensuring disposal or recovery within current legislation. The information provided shall include details of how the waste is contained. If packaged, Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall provide details of the type of containers
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that they, as the producer and the Waste Carrier, appropriately sign WTN’s
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that, where they transfer waste as the carrier, that they and the waste management site appropriately sign WTN’s
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that WTN’s are kept for three years
- With regard to hazardous waste as defined in the Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005, Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall use a “Consignment Note” as demonstration of their Duty of Care. Where applicable Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall ensure that “Consignment Notes” are appropriately signed
- Newbury Commercial Interiors Ltd shall provide copies of all Consignment notes and WTN’s to the client if requested
- The special packaging and carriage requirements of the CAW Regulations shall be complied with at all times
- Only vehicles licensed to carry waste will be used in the disposal process
Contact us for more information on Environmental Services, Berkshire.